May 19, 2011

bonfires

I went to my first bonfire of the season last night and it was wonderful. For senior high youth group we went out to David's house (one of the boys from youth group) to play and have a bonfire. We played frisbee and bocce ball then had a fire where we roasted marshmellows for s'mores... mmm.... summer :)

I love this time of the year. I love when life starts to slow down just a bit. It seems like during the summer time no one is in such a hurry to get everywhere, people stay out a little later, and they're just more relaxed.

The kids here in my Northern town still have 9 days of school left- they're not done til June 1st!!! That seems really late to me but I went to a high school where we were ALWAYS done by Memorial day and we NEVER started before Labor day. The kids are getting a little crazy with spring fever, it's a good thing that it didn't get nice like this a month ago. Then they'd be unbearable by now. But it's only been nice for a little while so they're just happy right now.

I also love this time of year because things slow down at church. I feel like I've been going 100 mph for the last month and now all of the sudden I have time to sit around and twiddle my thumbs! Just kidding, I still have stuff do to but the work load is greatly decreased. During the school year I have jr hi and sr hi youth group every Wednesday, we have confimation every other Wednesday, I do monthly events with the elementary school kids, the Post Prom party, confirmation Sunday, graduation Sunday, the rummage sale, Easter sunrise service and breakfast, Lenten dinners, weekend retreats, concerts, ect. ect. In the summer we do Vacation Bible school, I go to camp with the kids, and this summer we'll have a mini mission trip. I love VBS and going to camp because they don't take a whole lot of planning on my part, and their success doesn't depend on me. It's a big burden to be responsible for the success of youth group, or being worried about how many kids will show up for confirmation, or how to get more of them to go. I just have to take them to camp. All I do is promote it and drive them there. Bliss.

And this time of year means baseball. I love watching baseball. Now if those MN Twins could get their act together and win a game!!

Hope you have beautiful weather and that you've been able to enjoy it!
Love, a future Mrs.

No comments:

Post a Comment