March 12, 2011

Vacation Update

Well mother nature apparently did NOT want my family to go on vacation. Last night a blizzard rolled through North Dakota and Northwestern MN (where I live). We got a little bit of snow (really, just a little) but then it got windy. I'm talking upwards of 40 mph gusts of wind. It sounded like there was a freight train in our front yard. All of the highways in Eastern ND are shut down. That's where we were going to drive. Our plan was to go across most of ND then head south towards CO. Well that's not happening. Plus there are lots of roads closed in NW MN so we're not even really sure how to leave my parents northern town. Grrr...

Onto happier news!! Yesterday my mom and I went to Moorhead to go back to Alan Evan (AE) to try on the dress that I can't stop thinking about. I'm 99% sure that this AE dress is MY wedding dress. But my mom wouldn't let me make a decision or order it yet. She told me that I have to think about it for a few days. Understandable after the snap decision that I made last weekend and the emotional distress that it left me in. When we walked into AE we ran into a girl that I graduated from high school with that is getting married this summer. She was there to pick up her dress. You might be thinking- why is she picking up her dress when her wedding isn't until this summer? Well, there is this river that seperates Fargo and Moorhead (ND and MN for that matter) that floods almost every year. AE is only a block from said river. And they store dresses in the basement. I think I'd go pick my dress up.

Mom is packing the cooler and putting things in the car. This is a positive sign!! It probably means I should do the same thing. I'll let you know when we finally make it to CO!!


No comments:

Post a Comment