September 8, 2011

Stress

Before I started wroking in the church, while I was still in college I very rarely got headaches. And when I did get them, they weren't that bad, nothing a few excedrine couldn't fix. Ever since I started working at the church I've been getting debilitating migranes. To the point that all I want to do is lay on my couch with the blinds closed, no lights on, and the TV on really quiet. And I can't even think about sitting up, let alone doing anything.

I got one of these on Tuesday night. I had my meeting at church, then I ran to Wal*Mart, then I went home and laid down for the night at 9:05. It was terrible. The whole left side of my head was pounding. I tried to sleep it off but when I woke up at 5:23 it was still there. I tossed and turned in bed for a while, finally got up a little after 6, took a shower (I thought I was going to fall over in there) and came to work where I just tried to get things done and not focus on it. That plan worked for a while.

But I knew I wasn't done with this pesky thing. They just seem to hang on and linger for a few days. Case in point: I have lots of extra pressure on my forehead, and it's starting to pound. Ugh.

I asked my doctor about it, she told me that everyone gets headaches and the only thing she told me to do was take excedrine migrane 'cuz it's as strong as anything she could prescribe for me. I take two of those and it's like my body laughs and me and says "You really think those two small pills are going to slow me down?!" It sucks. So I started keeping track of when I get them to see if it had something to do with my period. Nope. So in early August I decided that I was going to cut out caffine. Not all caffine, the kind that occurs naturally in apples is ok. Oviouslly hasn't helped because here I am. Suffering.

So I'm going to finish up what I can here at work and go home to preview the video clips that go along with Sunday school lesson 'cuz I can do that from my couch.

I hope you're having a better day then I am.
Love, a future Mrs.

No comments:

Post a Comment