September 30, 2011

Homesick.

It's homecoming week here in my northern town, and it makes me incredibly homesick. Not just for my parents house but also for the fall of 2004, for homecoming my senior year of high school. I miss my friends, I miss my school, I miss the unity & community feeling of homecoming week. I miss wearing red & white. I miss the freedom that came with being 17 years old.

But here I am, 24, living in a different nothern town then the one I grew up in, in the thick of homecoming week & I feel nothing that I felt in high school. I don't feel an attachment or commitment to this town, I don't feel compelled to wear blue & yellow, and I don't have friends my own age to hang out with.

It's a weird place to be, and I've been here for 2 years.

No comments:

Post a Comment