June 22, 2011

Wedding Wednesday!


171 days to go!
This week: favors!!

Well, not all of our favors, just one. We'll have three all together. Today I'm just going to tell you about the one that I'm making. My inspiration came from this super cute Valentine's Day craft that I found while reading another blog:
Bouncy Ball Handwriting Valentines
His say "This Valentine's Day have a ball" and "Dear Valentine, you make my heart bounce" Ours will be similar but they will say "Hope you had a 'ball' at our wedding. Love, Kris and Sarah". You can check out more picutres and her directions here.

So I ordered 300 bouncy balls and little plastic bags from orientaltrading.com. Then I went to the newspaper office in town and ordered cardstock paper in our wedding colors and cut to size. While we were at the cabin and the weather was so icky on Saturday and Sunday mom and I worked on the favors!
Our supplies. Big blue squares of paper to be folded in half and smaller green rectangles of paper to be glued on. It took a while to fold them all then glue the green on.

Then trim the blue because I ordered it in the wrong size :(

My momma trimming the blue after I glued on the green.

After mom's hard work :)

Then the ball will get put in the plastic baggie and the bag will get stapled inbetween the bottom of the paper.

I don't have a picutre of the finished project for you yet because I have to get a stamp that says "Hope you had a ball at our wedding" I'm not writing that 300 times :) But I'll let you know when I get the stamp and I'll share pictures with you once they're more done.


Love, a future Mrs.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Mrs! I just found your blog on So What Wednesday. I just love the style of your blog, and am definitely a new follower! Congratulations on the upcoming wedding. I'm a lover of weddings so I am certainly looking forward to more wedding posts!

    ReplyDelete