June 20, 2011

Father's Day

Does it make me a bad daughter if I didn't get my dad anything for Father's day? Seriously, I didn't even get him a card. The future Mr. and I spent the weekend at the cabin with my parents and my mom's brother (my godfather). I asked Dad what he wanted to do yesterday and he said that he wanted to sit by the bonfire and he wanted someone else to drive home. So that's what we did. We sat by the fire for the better part of the afternoon then I drove home.

*****

Speaking of driving, from Sunday June 12th to Sunday June 19th this girl drove almost 800 miles. What?! Quality time with my car. And that's just the begining of my summer of travel. I know I've told you before but now for the next 11 weekends- that would be now through Labor Day- I will drive at least 200 if not 400 miles every weekend. And gas is still $3.69 in my northern town. Good thing my Minnesota energy bill is low in the summer. That is so much driving for me!! Normally I only need to get the oil in my car changed like every 6 months, I really don't drive a lot. I can walk to most of the places I need in town so the only time I drive is to get groceries or when it's raining. Oh well, all of the weekends will have something fun in them at least :) Weddings, bachelorette parties, the cabin, a mini mission trip with high school kids from church, WE Fest, and so on.

*****

I still don't have a Bachelorette update for you. I haven't watched last week's episode and we have Jr Hi Youth Group tonight at church so I won't be watching tonight either. I have no idea when I'll watch them. Maybe Friday morning at my mom and dad's. But ya' know what? I don't know if I even care to watch them. I don't really like Ashley. She's whiny.

*****

Mom and I got some serious work done on wedding favors this weekend. I'll tell you all about it in this week's edition of Wedding Wednesday. I know you're on the edge of your seat in anticipation ;)

Hope you're having a great day!
Love, a future Mrs.

No comments:

Post a Comment