February 22, 2011

What's wrong with me?

I was wasting time on facebook today and I came across an update from a friend from elementary/jr. high/sr. high. She was my first friend when my family moved to our northern town. We probably would have been friends anyway but the principal made me her be nice to me and show me around since we only lived two houses down from each other (and the principal lived just across the alley in between us!). She and I don't really see each other a whole lot anymore, we just drifted apart. But today on her facebook I saw that she had gotten engaged this weekend. I didn't even know she was in a relationship. Which I'm not hurt about, I did just say that we drifted apart. But I had a feeling of jealously like I havn't felt in a long time, if I've ever even felt it before. I don't want her to be engaged. I want my engagement to be all about me and my future Mr. I don't want anyone to take away from that. Which is stupid Ashlee and I probably won't invite any of the same people to our weddings and who's to say that hers will be any where close to mine (time wise)? And besides- I already have the good reception spot for a big wedding in our northern town that weekend! And my rooms are already booked. It's not like it's going to be bride wars and we're going to have to fight over these things!

I feel so stupid for this jealousy that washed over me when I saw that on her facebook.

Did anyone else feel this way? Or am I the only crazy one?

1 comment:

  1. Hey there! I'm a new follower and reading through some of your old posts to get all caught up :-) I just got married on June 30th so I'm really excited to find another newlywed blog to read! We got engaged June 29, 2011 and then like a month later one of my cousins got engaged and I felt the same way you're describing. I didn't want to share the thunder with her. Then when I found out that she wanted to get married in November 2011 my first thought was "wow trying to beat us to it?!" but as shallow as this is going to make me sound... as the planning took place and we talked about how it was going for both of us I realized that her wedding was going to be NOTHING like mine and that made me feel so much better! I was always excited for them but it was nice to know that our weddings wouldn't be competeing with each other. - Kelly www.todaywasafairytale.com

    ReplyDelete