February 15, 2011

Valentine's Day 2011

So a while ago I told you about Valentine's Day 2010 and today I'm going to tell you about Valentine's Day 2011.

Last year Mr. Boyfriend faked me out. He "fake" proposed. He started to get down on one knee and then stood back up and proclaimed "Just kidding!!" NOT FUNNY!

Fast forward to last Friday night, Feb. 11th 2011, one year to the day after he did that. I was at home making dinner and heart shaped muffins for V-day. Mr. Boyfriend was on his way to my house. I asked him to stop and pick up eggs since I was out. He got to my house, put the eggs away for me and suprised me with roses. Then he asked if I would come into the living room because he had another gift for me. I turned down the heat on the groud beef that I was browning for spaghetti and followed him to the living room.

He said I love you. I said aww, that's sweet, I love you too. Then he said, No, forever. Again I said aww, that's sweet. Then he started to get down on one knee. I stopped him and said, are you serious? Because this will not be funny for a second year in a row. And he said, I'm for real this year!! Then he said, Sarah, you're the only woman I'll ever love and he pulled out the ring and said will you marry me? I cried and said yes! Then he stood up and hugged me and put the ring on my finger :) Then told me that he was more nervous to ask my dad then he was to ask me. Oh fer cute!!! He asked my dad!!

How cute does he look proposing? (Yes I made him pose for this picture after the fact!!)
My engagement ring on the left and wedding band on the right :)

 1-3/4 CT. T.W. Diamond Framed Bridal Set in 14K White Gold - Zales
My ring from the Zales website. I can't get a good picture of it :(

Then the phone calls begin. We had to call both sets of parents, my sister, his brother and sister, my grandparents, friend, aunts, uncles the list goes on and on. Then we went over to Molly's to show her and Blaine in person.

On Saturday my future Mr. and I (did you see that nice transition from boyfriend to future mr.?) went to Grand Forks for dinner and a movie. We went to see "No strings attached" which was cute. I'd rent it but I wouldn't pay to see it in the theater again. Then we went to Texas Roadhouse for dinner. Yummie!

Yesterday I went to Fargo for an LYO meeting. Then I went to the hospital to see my future Mr.'s grandpa who has pnomenia (I know that's not how you spell that but I'm to lazy to look it up) then I went to Barnes and Noble with my high school bestie Tasha where I spent my first $65 on wedding stuff! I got a wedding planner binder and a crafty wedding book.

I'm so excited!
I'm going to be a Mrs. on Dec. 3rd or Dec. 10th of this year!! I feel like such a grown up!

I hope you're having a great day!
Peace from a future Mrs.!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment