February 19, 2011

Parents

My future Mr. and I went to a wresteling match today to watch some of my boys from church. It was a sectional match so there were lots of teams from all over the region and the matches were taking place in the hockey arena here in town. Well the future Mr. and I ended up sitting one row behing and a few seats to the left of this couple that was old enough to have a kid in high school. I didn't recognize them. During the whole match the mom was yelling. Kind of like she was cheering the boys from her sons school on and kind of like she was pissed off that they weren't doing very well since we were beating them. I hate parents like this. And I hope I'm not one of them some day. Obviously your kid isn't trying to suck. And I would like to see the parents to better. I'm not a wresteler and I never have been so I don't know what it takes or hard it is. So I'm not going to yell at them. Don't get me wrong- I'm all for cheeing on your team and encouraging the kids. But there is a fine line between cheering and taunting.

On a happier note, Dad and Katie are here. We had a nice night. I made cheesy raviolli with maranara sauce, garlic bread, and a ceaser salad for dinner. Then the future Mr. did the dishes while Katie and I made brownies for my future Mr. to take in his lunch this week and banana chocolate chip muffins for breakfast tomorrow before we leave for our ski trip. I love my family. I wish mom was here. There is such a peaceful feeling that comes over me when they're here. I know that I only live 100 miles away but most days it feels like it's much more then that and that they are too far away.

I hope you're all having a great weekend!

Peace from a future Mrs.!!

No comments:

Post a Comment