August 8, 2011

WE Fest!

Heaven in 2011!!

I grew up in a great place called Detroit Lakes, MN. It is great for a lot of reasons:
*lots of lakes (412 in the county, 416 within 20 miles of my mom & dad's)
*friends
*family
*fiance (& family)
*winter, spring, summer & fall- we get a great taste of each season
*the street fair
*the county fair
*water carnival
*polar fest
*Zorbaz (the original)
and...
WE Fest!!

If you havn't heard of WE Fest it is a county music festival that is held every summer, the first full weekend in August in Detroit Lakes. It runs Thur-Sat and depending on who you're talking to there are anywhere from 40,000-50,000 people there. I've heard numbers higher then that but I don't know what I believe.

Anyway, it's kind of a big deal and there are a lot of people that come to it.

There are 3 days of concerts with 5 concerts a day on the main stage (there is a smaller stage, kind of a bar like setting that has another concert later at night). This year's headliners were Brad Paisly, Sugarland, and Rascal Flatts. But Easton Corbin, The Charlie Daniels Band, Darius Rucker, Willie Nelson, Blake Shelton, Miranda Lambert, Lynerd Skynerd, and Sunny Sweeny were also there. Next year they have already booked Toby Keith, Alabama, and Jason Aldean. And we already bought tickets! Thanks dad!!

Last year for Christmas dad bought us all tickets. So the future mr and I sat with my parents, my sister, and her bf. My sisters friend's also sat with us because the people that were sitting next to us were never there, so her friend's just "barrowed" their seats.

It was awesome! I love country music. I love that we didn't have to worry about anything. We just walked 2 blocks from my parent's house to get on the shuttle bus, and then the bus dropped us of right at the gate. So we didn't have to worry about driving or parking. But I did learn somethings at WE Fest this year:
*there are lots of girls (and some guys) that must think they are a lot smaller then they really are. I understand that I'm not a size 4 therefore I cover up a little bit. No body wants to see this. I wish other people understood that too.
*kind of related- I don't want to see your bra. I get that the shirts with the arms cut off and basically the whole side gone except for a little connecting piece at the bottome are great for the gym or sports practice but pu-lees! You are out in public- I don't want to see your bra. Or your man boobs.
*my future mr is antsy at 1 in the morning when he's waiting for a shuttle bus in the rain. I don't think I've ever heard him complain like that before.
*I really like having somewhere to sit down (I knew this before this year). When I was in high school and early college I just got a general admission ticket. This meant that I stood in what is called the bowl and watched the concert. But there are lawn chair seats called reserved seats, this is where the future mr and I have sat every time we've gone together. And I love not having to be a part of the mob. Plus we're closer and we have a better view.
*I'm poor and cheap (yes- they're different). Excuse me but $5 for a hot dog? $6 for 16oz of french fries? $7 for a beer or a mike's hard lemonade? Uff-da. Good thing our tickets were a gift from dad.
*all you have to do is ask for things. I went to the ticket office towards the end of the day on Saturday and I asked if I could have left over programs (that normally sold for $1) because there was a coupon in there for the Holiday Inn that will still be good for our wedding. The lady in the office just let me help myself! Whoop-whoop!

I'm sorry but I don't have pictures to share with you. My camera went dead during the second concert of the weekend. My charger was at my house and I was 100 miles away from my house. Hopefully I can get some from my sister- she took a lot!

The future mr and I also managed to get some wedding stuff done this weekend in the midst of WE Fest! But I'll share that with you on Wednesday :)

How was your weekend?
I hope you're haivng a great day!

Love, a future Mrs.

No comments:

Post a Comment