March 8, 2012

My planner

I am a planner. I plan things. I make lists. I like things to be organized.

But for some reason when it comes to blogging I usually don't have a topic in mind until I hit the "new post" button on my "dashboard". Well, I've decided it's time to chang that. I have a great day planner that I got at Target last fall. It has a page for each month, one where you can see the whole month and there are boxes for each day. But it also has weekly pages where you can see just Mon-Sun of that week and it gives you more space to write things for each day. I had been using just the monthly pages. Until I decided to do something about this blogging thing and never having ideas. So now on each day on the weekly pages, I've written a topic that I want to blog about or a project that I did that I want to share with you.

Then on Saturday I got really crazy.

I added meal planning to my planner too!

Blog posts in pink and meal ideas in green.

Then I made my shopping list and off to the store I went. What I didn't take into account was the fact that it's only the Mr and I at home. And most of the recipes I picked feed 6 adults. So I cooked on Saturday night (lasagna) and again on Monday night (turkey chili) and I haven't cooked since. We're living on left overs in this northern town.

And I'm sick of it. I am not a left over girl. I've never liked them. I can handle them once, then they better be gone.

So this planner thing may take some tweaking. But I think it'll be good for me and I'll blog more because of it.

Hope you're having a terrific Thursday!
Love, Mrs. K

No comments:

Post a Comment