October 11, 2011

Dinner with the man I love

Last weekend, Oct. 1st & 2nd was the start of beet harvest in NW MN. They were able to harvest and haul to the pilers until Sunday afternoon then they got shut down because of the heat.

And they havn't started again yet.

My future Mr. hauls beets.

I hadn't seen him in 15 days. Which is a really long time for us.

Until last night. We met part way between our houses (not right in the middle becuase there's nothing there) for dinner. I drove 35 miles one way to have dinner with the man I'm going to marry. And it was great. I couldn't believe how much I missed him. 4 years ago I barely even knew him and now I can't go 15 days without seeing him! It's crazy what love will do to you.

The food wasn't that great but it was so nice to talk to him in person, to hold his hand, to kiss him, to hug him, to look into his eyes. I really just blew out a sigh of relief because I feel so much better now.

A few weeks ago I wrote about being homesick. I know that I am homesick, and I know that I don't like feeling this way, I don't like being sad and feeling like crying all the time but I think part of my problem is that I'm homesick for my future Mr. And it isn't always about the time we've spent away from each other, it's about how long it will be until we see each other again.

This coming weekend I have plans with some college girlfriends and he's hoping to be hauling beets, so I knew I wouldn't see him then. Then the following weekend is when we have our pre marriage counseling, which is also his birthday weekend. Then we would have one weekend to hang out, just the two of us. Then the first weekend in Nov is my second bridal shower and my bachelorette party (and the start of deer hunting in NW MN), the weekend after that is still deer hunting, after that I have a gathering to be at for work Thur-Sun, then Thanksgiving, then one free weekend, then the wedding. I feel like we're not going to have any time, just the two us, until after we're married. And I crave that time alone with him. I long for it. I need it.

So it's really hard on me when I don't get to see him very often.

Do you need your significant other like I need mine?
Love, a future Mrs

No comments:

Post a Comment