January 27, 2011


Oh my gosh! It feels like I haven't blogged in forever (not counting SWW yesterday)!! So here are some updates on the past week of my life:

1. My Car :( so the heating coil went out in my car. Fixes for a heating coil START at $500 and go up from there. Kelly Blue Book says my car is only worth $500 so it isn't really worth the fix. And I don't have $500 to fix. So last Wed. I went to my parents house before I left for KC, MO and my dad told me that he would trade me even-up. So he gave me his 2002 gold Ford Focus station wagon and he took my 1995 black Chevy Monte Carlo as an even exchange, he didn't make me pay him anything. He did tell me that the Focus has a small oil leak that needs to be fixed and all I have to do is send him the bill for it. I didn't even have to cry to him, he just offered all of this. I love my dad. But I do miss my car. The Monte was the first big purchase that I made and I drove it for 6 years, that's a long time when you're only 24! While I was driving to mom and dad's, I did say goodbye to the Monte, and I cried a little. But I'm thankful that I have a car to drive that is more dependable then the one I had. Thanks dad!

2. Confirmation! I taught all by myself and it went really well. I talked to our Sr. Pastor last Wed. morning and told him that I was really nervous. He told me that it wouldn't work for me to teach confirmation like he does or like our Associate Pastor does. He told me that the only way it would work is if I taught my way. And I was said, yeah that would be great, if I knew what my way was! Well the theme of the night was the Lord's Prayer. But I couldn't think of enough stuff to teach for an hour on the Lord's Prayer so I taught about prayer in general then talked about the Lord's prayer. And thankfully, I already had a lesson planned about prayer for Sr. Hi Youth Group the week before but no one showed up. I though "Gee, God that was cute but a little too stressful!" So it really was a God thing that no one showed up for Sr. Hi Youth Group so that I could use the same lesson for confirmation that I was already comfortable with.

3. The Habitat for Humanity House blessing in St. Joe, MO! So awesome! I had never been to one before so I really didn't know what to expect. The woman who was getting the house is a single mom with 7 year old twin daughters that were so adorable! It was a quick service and the mom shared some really sweet words. I wish I could remember what she said because it was so heartfelt and so sweet. Then the HFH board gave the little girls new bed sets with sheets and comforters since they were getting their own rooms for the first time.

4. The Extravaganza!!!!! What a whirl-wind weekend that was so much fun, exhausting, great, awesome, filled with fun converstaions, made my heart happy, so many smiles and laughter, a freezing cold "hot" tub, 2 diners, drive-ins and dives resturants, and so much more! We got to the hotel around 3 on Friday afternoon and got all settled in. The weekend started with worship on Friday evening followed by a reception where we all got to hang out. Saturday was filled with workshops (where we learned things), worship, hosted receptions with free food and drinks :), great conversations, dinner at a resturant where you get your burgers (and other food) via a train!! Sunday was more of the same, minus dinner from a train. Kristina and I tried to go to a triple D resturant for dinner on Sunday but it was closed, we had walked like 8 blocks for a resturant to be closed in a city that doesn't shovel their sidewalks! Then we walked back towards the hotel but nothing else was open! Everything closes early on Sundays around the Crown Center in KC apparently! So we ended up having dinner at Panera. Which was still good. Monday night I did get to eat at a triple D resturant called Grinders with some other e2011 people. Then Tuesday for lunch Kris and I found a 2nd triple resturant after like a 1/2 hour driving around looking for it.  (KC,MO did not have very good city planners!) The 2nd resturant was called Woodyard BBQ and it was really good. After lunch we headed home. We left KC around 1 on Tues., we got to Fargo at like 10 then we had to pick up my car, drop off stuff at Kris' house, get gas, and return the rental car so it was well after 11 by the time I left Fargo and I finally got to my house at 1:45 am. Then I had to be to work by 10 for a staff meeting and I was here til 9:30 last night.

I. Am. Exhausted.
And I love it!

I had lunch today with Molly which is always great. I love her. And I missed her while I was gone. They took family pictures yesterday and I gave her a hard time for not thinking about my schedule when they made the appointment with the studio so that I could be there too. She knows that I'm super busy on Wed. afternoons! And she ordered new furniture while I was gone! I'm such a grown up now- I can't wait to see it!

Now tonight the boys varsity basketball team is playing my alma matter so I'll go to that game and cheer on the boys from my new town.

Sorry- that was a lot to catch you up on!
Hope you're having a great day!
Peace :)

No comments:

Post a Comment